April 23, 2009

Where I Stand

So, this is my first ever blog post...weird. I truly was inspired to even begin blogging after just truly wanting to share some of the things that I really felt laid on my heart by, yes, God. The fact of blogging never truly crossed my mind until I saw some of the posts that my friend Kaitlyn made and that my Bible study leader Alicia made. I thought, hey, that's pretty sweet, maybe I should try that sometime and an hour of insomnia later, here I am haha.

Before I dive into the heart of blogging, truly, I wanted to take a little bit of time to talk about the Real God--the God that I've come to know and love whole-heartedly. Before you write this off as another "Holy-Roller" talk or "churchy" talk, please just read this. I bet this will be different than what you're used to if you're usually turned off by talks about God or anything to do with religion. This is more to people who may be reading this who don't necessarily know God. Yes, you may know of Him or know stories about what He supposedly has done, but do you truly know Him? You may say, "What the heck is the difference between you using italics to describe 'know' and not using italics to describe 'know'? Who cares," right? Well you may say you know someone when in actuality you just know of that person or you know what his or her name is and maybe one or two facts about that person. Does that mean that you truly know a person? I say no. You know about that person but you don't necessarily know his or her interests, heart, goals, ambitions, fears, people he or she looks up to most. How do you get to know a person? You spend time with that person asking questions about him or herself because you're truly probing to find the real core of that person.

This is EXACTLY the type of relationship God wants with me, with each of us, with YOU. I, nor anyone else, is here to judge any one of you, nor am I even capable of doing so. Why? We're ALL screwed in theory. I can't judge you or anyone else based on what you do because I don't know you near enough to make that call. Man, I don't even know myself enough to make that call. I don't know your personality, your background, your struggles. All of that information is between you and God. I have no desire to make that judgement call against you and I'm not even qualified so please don't think that that's EVER my intent in getting to know you at any time.

With that said, I invite you, I encourage you, I beg and plead with you to just take the step in saying, "Hey God, if you are real and if you do truly want to get to know me, please show me who you are. Please just open my eyes to who you are and why I'm here. Help me to know why you're God, why I'm a person, and why the heck I would ever want to get to know you." If you say this in your heart and you truly and honestly want to see what happens, if anything, then what do you have to lose? Maybe like 10 seconds that it takes for you to say this? Seriously, even if you don't think God even exists, what do you have to lose?

See that's all I wanted to say. God loves you (He truly truly truly does), He wants so much to have a relationship with you, and He wants to show you how much He desires that connection. It does not matter....wait, let me repeat, IT DOES NOT MATTER what you've done, what you are doing, who you think you are because God TRULY loves you for you. Don't think for a second you're not good enough because God wants to tell you otherwise. Don't for a second think that you're not cut out to follow God or to be one of those "religious folk," because who truly is? It's all a process and it's all a part of the learning curve. Just please, please, please, let God meet you where you are and let Him show you who He is.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm gonna like this blog! You are the best Kristin!

    ReplyDelete